1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antares 2.0

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Owner

Staff Member
    Hello Antares,

You being Antares, of course. Antares is it's community. It's lifeblood. No community, no Antares. Everyone together makes up Antares and what it is, all of our efforts combined.

So with that being said, let's discuss the future of Antares. I'm dubbing the topic as "Antares 2.0" and this thread serves as a place to collect ideas and information. Actual discussion of said ideas should be accomplished in the new Antares 2.0 Discord channel. (That's a clickable hyperlink, btw.) I repeat: discussion of ideas posted in this thread should be done in Discord.

Anything unrelated will be removed from this thread, so please save yourself some time and visit the Discord channel if you'd like to provide feedback. Please be patient and courteous as there may already be an on-going discussion of another idea or topic and we wouldn't want to be rude and distract everyone from that topic. If things looks quiet, feel free to bring up an idea.

If you've heard an idea or had one yourself that you like, please post it as a reply in this thread. One post per idea. Posts containing multiple ideas may be deleted or forcibly separated. Please check the thread to ensure that your idea (or something close to it) hasn't already been posted. If there is a similar idea already and you would like to suggest changes, please refer back to the Discord for discussion. If players agree on these changes, then please quote the original post when posting your reply so that it's easier for me to keep track of things. Lastly, if you want to support an idea, please like the post on this thread.

In order for Antares to not only survive, but prosper, we're going to need a community effort. If you're shy or uncertain, please reach out to me directly (via Discord) and I would be happy to talk with you. I may not always reply right away, but I want you to know that I'm not going to react harshly or judge you for your thoughts.

Any and all contributions are welcome. (Unless they're memes. Please no more memes.)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Guest

Minimize the hub list to scrunch the RP together. It's too spaced out.

EvDo likes this.
  3. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Yo, minimize the hub list to a single hub, dudes. Long gone are the days of waiting to snag an open slot when the server was 50/50. The playerbase is much smaller and a number of locations will never have the number of players around to support a lively RP environment. The solution is simple: seize the means of RP. Crunch the space down to a single (hopefully diverse) location that has some lore, locations of interest, and other junk to make it accessible and fun to RP in (Ttha is the closest to this atm if you asked me). This new, singular RP hub is to be owned and run by the staff (or in lieu of staff just a dedicated group of boys). They will be responsible for making the occasional event, driving world building, news, public happenings, etc. It can be something extreme like a terrorist attack or something simple like happy hour at the bar. Make the world dynamic, make it exciting. If things are happening at this RP hub, people are going to want to come back to see what's gonna be poppin' next time. When events/things of interest aren't happening, though, the smaller area will focus more people into interacting and roleplaying, making this hub seem lively, even with a small population. Its like a win win win win, or something to that degree.

tl;dr crunch it down to a single hub and assign staff to manage events for that space.

4. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Owner

Staff Member
    Move the whitelist system to Discord. Program SADI in a way that whitelist accounts are automatically linked to Discord accounts. Side effect would be that every single player would be required to at least join the Discord server once. Optionally: server-bans could apply to discord and vice-versa.

5. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Owner

Staff Member
    Remove the #anything channel from Discord. This would probably have a variety of pros and cons.. Initially conceived as a honeypot for shitposts, it also could be considered as a breeding ground for low quality or low effort content to be shared and encouraged.

Karo likes this.
  6. raindrops

raindrops Guest

A light wipe of the server's hubs and characters. This entails removing older hubs from the list of locations to encourage players to a single, focused area. A light wipe of characters allows anybody who wishes to 'reset' and remake their character, and allows anybody to not change anything if they wish. This may shake things up in the server. It's just an idea.

Haplap likes this.