1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Notes of Nex

Discussion in 'Character Journals/Blogs' started by Nexaya Oxoc, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Nexaya Oxoc

Nexaya Oxoc Guest

I took over the tavern. Replaced locks on everything. I didn’t have to do my door since I had its key, not that I was the one replacing locks. Yoli stopped by for a bit and was kind enough to be helpful. Currently. The goal’s to get all the furniture out. Then, I can make the place a little more alive with new chairs and tables.

The piano’s still upstairs. A traditional avian’s got me keeping it, instead of smashing it up like I would have. ‘Nephthec’ I think it was? I don’t remember. Asked Asterick too, seeing if any of the lake house wants it for the parts. No response yet.

I also started learning lockpicking! Tenca’s clear lock is simple now, but she told me to move on to real doors when I mentioned it. Been doing the upstairs doors, and they do take more time and patience. I avoid using the ‘bump key’, cause it’s not really practice. Just sorta mashing the pins until the thing lines up. Also scratches up the new locks, and if anyone moves in, they’re not gonna like seeing signs of possible previous break-ins.

Tenca also said she’d be willing to teach more. I can’t tell if she’ll drop by or if I was supposed to ask. Bet I could check on the stable and find her, but if I did go I’d message in advance. She also said there was someone I had to get permission from a ‘Mary ‘to be doing this. So I called them up and it wasn’t a problem. Not that they had a deed. Nobody’s stopped me, though.

Tenca stopped by. I disappointed her again when I did the half nelson wrong. Had to leave notes while she watched, as well as its counter about how to do them proper. Then she took my stuff and looked through it. Saw all the drawings too. I guess I don’t mind. She then took my room for the night. Kicked me out. Which was also alright, Morgan texted me about the same hour and I spent my night there instead. Had tea. He was acting reserved. I ended up going, took too long trying to sleep, I felt uncomfortable. Ended up heading back, forgot Tenca had my room. She let me in, and we had a great night. But in the end she did left before dawn... Probably for the better. Things always go wrong after enough time spent together. Said I was just a boy. It didn’t bother me, but I want to figure out what is the step up.

Half Nelson

One arm up, hand to neck, aim for ulna to neck (pressure point), other arm goes front and around arm to back

Counter

Bend front side, take leg/legs. May need to hook other leg with foot. Stand upright with leg high, drop back or side, opponent below

I came to a fantastic realization while working on the bar. If this goes well, I can send my ship back to Avos and buy my own, fulfilling my forced loan. I think, then, I will aim to buy a house, or at least gain materials for the project—I am confident I can construct a small home alone.

A hylotl complimented my sweatshirt today. Right outside the new general store. I feel good.

On the topic of the store, it’s nearly done. I need to speed up my work to open around when it does. Perfect opportunity for both businesses.

I have put together the stage. It is as good as I could have asked for the small space, and I only expect small performances anyway. I played the guitar on if for a while, just for fun. I would never play when it’s open. Not good enough.

While cleaning out the rooms, I found the mask I wore to the masquerade. It reminded me of all the people that come out to events. I’m excited to get this place running. I need to confirm with the coworker that I’d love him as a chef. While primarily a tavern, this could turn into a respectable inn.

I saw Ernal today. But he was older and not Ernal. Trying to drop off some mice. I know I’m not confused, three others asked the same question. “Are you Ernal?” “No, you must be mistaken.” The mice he was getting rid of were not quite right either… Then I had a thought. I think I know who Chicken is. But I wasn’t sure. So I bought three of his mice. Gonna check for needle marks on them later.

Nothing on the mice. I accept that I was wrong. But now I have three mice in a barrel. I shouldn’t have asked for the three loudest ones. I can see my decision making is irrational and without consideration of the future. So what if Ernal was Chicken? I wasn’t going to do anything. Tenca probably knows I bought the mice. Whatever. I’ll prep them and leave them in the cooler for the chef to do as her sees fit.

I need to ask Tenca for survival tips on icelands. Nearly died in a cave collapse. But I also made about 250 pixels for an easy job. And I didn’t die. Stage is done, still waiting to show Morgan. I was working on the exterior when I saw a Floran who knew me. Unpleasant. But it makes me wonder how I am going to handle them at my establishment. We will see, case by case.

I realize how far I have come since even just a month ago. I like myself a lot more. Stopping drinking was one of the best decisions I have made. To think I have some nasty needle to thank for it. I wonder if all of this was a side effect: overall life improvement. If so, the Arbiter better give Chicken wings. I want to know who he is, thank him though he was only secondhand responsible.

I met up with a human woman. Stayed the night on her ship. Lots of tattoos. I should ask if she knows if they carve too. But I still feel a little weird about her. Hardly met them, and she took me right ahead. I kinda feel…dirty. Maybe I shouldn’t have. But I am the one in charge of me, and I did.

The tavern is ready to open—I intend to start this Friday. “The Brass Talon”. I chuckle at the name, someone could ask me ‘why?’ and I couldn’t give a good reason why I chose it. Oliver is a great option for a chef. I need to get him a uniform, and one for Jose if he joins as a cook as well. I also need a radio for the tavern, as well as to message Morgan about performing. I need to get word out that it’s all happening too! So much stuff to get done…I know I can get this together. Four days.

Rouge came back. Called me her boyfriend. I felt sick. I had had the reversed role last time. No way Kluex didn’t do this to me on purpose. She threw a drink at me, and I had to shower, wash my clothes, and clean up the mess after. I hope I don’t see her again. What have I done.

I showed Logan a bunch of my guns. Looking to join in his new band of mercenaries. I don’t feel concerned with it yet. Almost bored for it, looking to do something. Told brownfeathers. She thinks it’s dumb again. I expected that though.

I opened the bar and was happy. Things went fine. Mary came by, fooled me a moment with a hard face. She’s really nice. Said she liked what the bar had become, offered where to find her for anything. She asked about Hylotl beer and I told her I was open to sharing what I had with her. Told me “Welcome to Fernbrook”. Touched me in a strange way.

But at the same time, I met a Sparrow from Mud. Sorta offered me the bartending job on Mud. The place I’ve thought of going constantly. The Winged One likes to see me struggle. I can’t go there. Yet. Too much work here. And I’m finally a part of something. “Welcome to Fernbrook.” Tenca says the bar needs new entertainment. I only caught a few confusing glimpses of Morgan's band playing. I will see what I can do, but I intend to pay them for their time. Morgan didn’t say ‘bye.’ Tomorrow Logan wants to go to Ttha, and take me. Been a while since I’ve touched the place; I’ve avoided it since Blonde got carried out of the bombed Sand Trap. Looking for more new mercenary recuits, while avoiding Castor. Could be fun. Could be a stress reliever from the Talon. We will see.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  2. Nexaya Oxoc

Nexaya Oxoc Guest

Maglock: Nail wrapped in wire- attach to electric source? Basically damage it with magnets?

Bar work has been pretty simple since the first day. Good number of people stopping by. Nobody has moved in upstairs save for Hokulani. I gave due payment to Morgan to share with the band. He said he would be willing to play more. Hopefully the band gets more experience and practice. Amythest liked the place. Gave many praises. I’m glad most when Avians say they like it.

Finally got out for a run. Funny, I felt hungry for it. I’d been on a sort of withdrawal form it, worrying about the tavern. More hill stuff. Got my legs tired fast again. Logan came by again, warned of some humans. I’ve yet to meet them. Poor avian huntress—not Nephtec—came by, starving. I gave them a meal, and they promptly left, not any conversation past a thanks. May have been a con. But I refuse to believe that.

3. Nexaya Oxoc

Nexaya Oxoc Guest

Amythest and Ziggy came to the bar. I admire what they have. Somehow I know I’ll never find that for myself. Ziggy asked me to get his daughter to call. No way I’m getting her to do anything she doesn’t want to do. But I do want to see her. Found another bartender I think. Maybe I can just become the owner. Have money coming in, not have to do any extra work. I’m very pleased with the Brass Talon. I’m proud that it came from me. I’ve found a path out of the woods. One where I can see a future.

This morning I made a cake and coffee. Polished my beak too. The crack is about half gone. Gotta be expecting to see it to notice now. Was very hopeful Tenca would come over. Now I just have cake and coffee. Maybe I’ll go visit the lakehouse.

Read more about Fernbrook animals. Still have yet to find more on the animal. I doubt it's coming back.

4. Nexaya Oxoc

Nexaya Oxoc Guest

I climbed up onto the roof. It was hardly a height, but I enjoyed it. Sitting up here while I write. I’m afraid it might damage tiles if people come up here a lot but…I wanted to do it.

Left the notes on the roof—sorry notes.

<Som eb o d y’s n um ber w ri tt en on th e p a g e>

Ziggy^

Tenca’s father came by. Offered me help, and I absolutely took it… wonder what she’ll say if she comes by. Not that she would unless I asked her to

5. Nexaya Oxoc

Nexaya Oxoc Guest

Carter’s asking for a job at the bar. I have three people now though…soon all my pay’s gonna be going to everyone else. I need customers to match the employees...I need a party or something to draw people in. Started looking at ships. 175,000 for one that sounds nice. It’s a lot. I’ll have a look this weekend, but I may need to put it off a year for that cost. Maybe get a loan. Or get something smaller, and stick more to a house. I think I might do that…

Intrusive lady came in the bar asking to work out with me. Never met them, but they know me and some of my acquaintances. ‘Omega’.

Fog got glass all over my counter. But he gave me an Idea for Carter. I need a janitor. Morgan didn’t message back after running off. Maybe he’s not okay.

I keep thinking of Tenca. I think she was here…I need to message her.

6. Nexaya Oxoc

Nexaya Oxoc Guest

I talked to the ship people. One that will fit my needs far better-only 75ish. Still lacking funds to make the purchase safely. Bar brings in enough to sustain a loan, but only if it’s diminished I think. Safer to have backup funds for continual payment.

I had the grossest fish. Blegh.

Tenca is mad at me. Again. I have nobody to talk to; Morgan still hasn’t responded either. He may be in real trouble. I don’t know how to make her happy. Mad about saying I’d take money to shoot pirates in our sector. She’d take money to shoot me if it were enough. Someone might be paying her not to for what it seems.

I stared at my bar for maybe an hour. I really wanted to drink today. I’m still thinking about it.

7. Nexaya Oxoc

Nexaya Oxoc Guest

It’s like touching all four walls of a room at once but you can’t reach any of them. Wrapped up but nothing to hold onto. It’s not powerless per se, not even stuck. Like travelling to the wrong planet, and you know the whole way it’s incorrect, but you see the course and just ride it. Not stuck, not powerless, not lost….stagnant? Like unmoving water. Filling space and that’s it.

Weird to think of water like molten ice. Weird to think clouds just taste like water.